Delivering 110+ tonnes of Pontoons to Paradise at Seychelles, East Africa
- 518m3 of Pontoons shipped from Australia to Seychelles.
- 8 separate pontoons were successfully delivered.
- 110.5 Tonnes shipped via sea freight.
Our Queensland team were nominated by Superior Jetties to ship 8 pontoons across the Indian Ocean to their final destination.
Gold Coast based business, Superior Jetties, required 518 cubic meters of Pontoons shipped to Seychelles, in East Africa.
The pontoons were shipped on 8 separate, 40FT out-of-gauge flat racks from the Gold Coast, Queensland. After having departed, the pontoons sailed for two months until they were carefully delivered to their final destination.
The pontoons were large and made of plastic, aluminium, closed cell foam and concrete. Our team tailored an end-to-end shipping solution to meet the following dimensions and weights:
- Pontoon 1 -11.2mL x 2.4mW x 0.97m H – 10.4T
- Pontoon 2 – 11.2mL x 2.4mW x 0.97m H – 10.4T
- Pontoon 3 – 1.2mL x 2.4mW x 0.97m H – 10.4T
- Pontoon 4 – 7.990mL x 3mW x 0.96m H – 9T
- Pontoon 5 – 7.990mL x 3mW x 0.96m H – 9T
- Pontoon 6 – 11.6mL x 3mW x 0.96m H – 13.5T
- Pontoon 7 – 11.6mL x 3mW x 0.96m H – 13.5T
- Pontoon 8 – 11.6mL x 3mW x 0.96m H – 13.5T
Each pontoon was loaded onto the centre line of a flatrack and placed on top of plywood strips. This allowed the securing straps to be placed underneath the pontoon and then be secured to either side of the flatrack container.
All 8 pontoons made it successfully to the Port of Victoria in the Seychelles.
This shipment required careful planning and execution by our Brisbane team.
ICE kept close communication with the client along each stage of the shipment, right up until the delivery was complete. After delivery, each pontoon was put into use building a new marina where boats can now easily dock thanks to Superior Jetties premium pontoons.