Exporting a 200+ tonne Mobile Crane to Malaysia
- Shipped mobile crane and its attachments weighing 231,250kg.
- The crane was split into 22 pieces.
- 640m3 of cargo successfully shipped via break-bulk.
Exporting a mobile crane and its attachments from Fremantle all the way to Malaysia is another example of our skills and expertise!
Our Western Australian team were tasked with exporting a Liebherr telescopic mobile crane and its associated attachments, from the Port Fremantle to the Port of Kelang. This shipment involved splitting the crane into 22 separate pieces for export on a Roll-on-Roll-off vessel.
This break-bulk shipment weighed in at 231,250kg and was 640m3. The 22 pieces of the crane and its attachments were split as follows:
- The crane was loaded on to a Ro-Ro vessel.
- Components were secured with rachet straps, strapped to pallets and loaded to MAFIs.
- All cargo was secured ready for sea faring using shipping chains.
These 22 pieces of crane and attachments were safely and successfully delivered after a 6,388km journey from the Port of Fremantle to the Port of Kelang.
Throughout the process, specialist out-of-gauge equipment was sourced by ICE to ensure the crane and its attachments could be delivered via Ro-Ro.
This consignment is another example of ICE’s expertise in shipping large equipment.