Mining & Resources
Mining Logistics Management
We understand the challenges shipping to remote mining sites can pose. Whether you are shipping equipment, critical parts or general supplies, ICE can carefully plan, scope and monitor your shipment to ensure the most efficient delivery to a mine or energy site in Australia.
We manage the whole logistics process, including:
- Applying for the necessary import permits
- Managing transport with escort pilots
- Selecting the right transport equipment for your cargo (such as low loader truck)
- Supervising the unload of the goods, and
- Ensuring all compliance requirements are met, from road weight limits to site inductions
WHY CHOOSE ICE
Your Freight Management Partner
When shipping time-sensitive or high-value cargo, you need a partner that you can trust. Work with a reliable freight forwarder that understands the mining logistics complexities and has practical experience in shipping oversize and heavyweight cargo into Australia.
- Hands-on expertise in delivering to rural, remote sites
- Dedicated project management for large shipments
- Reliable transport network handpicked by ICE
- Over 35+ years operating in Australia
What Can ICE Handle?
We are experienced in shipping a wide range of goods for the resources industry: mining, energy and infrastructure supplies, including (but not limited to):
- mining equipment, parts and components
- heavy machinery for mining, gas and oil industries
- access platforms, workbenches, valves and pumps
- safety chambers, drilling equipment and transformers
- filtering systems, dust control and pumping machines
- components for ground control , mineral processing, quarries, materials handling
Mining & Resources Freight: Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of cargo can ICE handle?
We can import and export a range of commodities. We have many clients in the mining and energy industries.
Some of our past projects include:
- Earthmoving & drilling equipment
- Material-handling equipment
- Truck parts
- Measuring equipment
- Pipes and plant components
- Agricultural machinery, including vehicles
- Safety chambers
- Precision tools
- Industrial supplies
Connect with our staff now to check if we can handle your goods!
How long does the shipping process take?
The total shipping lead time greatly depends on the country of origin and the specific delivery address in Australia. It also depends on the assigned shipping line and whether it is a direct shipment or transhipment service.
As a general rule, you can assume the follow indicative sea freight transit times:
- From China to Australia: 15-25 days
- From Europe to Australia: 42-50 days
- From US to Australia: 30-45 days
- From New Zealand to Australia: 35-45 days
Request a quote today and our specialist consultants can discuss your shipping options.
How is my shipment priced?
The price of shipping your cargo is contingent on the mode of transport, taking into consideration your equipment’s weight and dimensions. The basis for choosing the mode of shipment is as follows:
- For an FCL shipment, the price is usually on a per-container basis, if the weight exceeds a certain weight threshold, heavy surcharges may apply.
- For a breakbulk shipment, the price is per revenue tonne. The revenue tonne is either the greater value of cargo cubic measure, or cargo weight measure.
- For an LCL shipment, the price is per cubic metre based on weight-based volume or gross volume, whichever is higher.
- For an airfreight shipment, the price is per chargeable weight (gross weight or dimensional weight, whichever is higher). You can use our Chargeable Weight Calculator for an estimate.
How is the equipment shipped?
We will suggest the best shipping method based on the nature of the goods and destination. Generally, the options are:
- Shipping Containers – used if your equipment can be disassembled tofit into a container.
- Flat Rack Container – used for cargo that’s too high to fit into a container, flat racks are containers that are not enclosed..
- RO-RO (or Roll-on, Roll-off) shipping – used for large, out of gauge consignments. Driveable cargo is suited this type of shipping.
- LoLo (Lift-on Lift-off) Shipping – another method used for large, out of gauge consignments. Often vessels will have cranes to manage loading and unloading.
- Air freight charter – recommended if you have a large volume of time critical cargo.
- Multimodal shipping (mix of air, sea and rail) – we may recommend a combination of freight modes if you are looking to reduce transit times and mitigate against airfreight costs.
Can you help with Customs Biosecurity for used machinery?
Yes! Australia strictly implements the policy of accepting only machines free from biosecurity materials (such as grasses, seeds, soil and animal materials).
Used equipment needs to be decontaminated or cleaned before shipping to Australia.
If your items are directed for inspection on arrival and do not meet quarantine requirements, your shipment may be sent for cleaning at a designated Australian biosecurity depot. Once cleaned, any items that do not pass a second quarantine inspection will need to undergo additional processing.
Our customs brokers can help organise all clearance activity in advance for you! Connect directly with Stephen, one of our customs brokers here, to discuss biosecurity for your machinery.
What sets ICE apart from other forwarders?
Flexibility and customer service. Our experienced operators/consultants get to know your business so you receive a truly bespoke service when working with ICE.
As independent forwarders, we have the flexibility of choosing the best shipping option for your cargo through our vetted network of overseas agents. We build the operation around your requirements to the smallest detail.
Recommended For You
We Consult. We Plan. We Deliver.
- CONSULT – We discuss your specific needs.
- PLAN – We develop a bespoke tailored plan that is cost-effective & efficient.
- DELIVER – We manage your shipment and keep you updated from beginning to end.