Construction & Infrastructure
Construction & Infrastructure Logistics Management
Handling your cargo to tight deadlines is what we do best. Our experts will thoroughly assess your requirements and provide superior supply chain strategies, as plans change.
- Proactive documentation management while goods are still in transit
- An efficient team who understands the importance of quick action and clear communication
Why Choose ICE
Your Freight Management Partner
Businesses in the construction industry need an efficient logistics partner that can mitigate risks and potential delays. ICE has over 35+ years’ of experience in managing end-to-end logistics for thousands of clients in Australia.
See further below what services we can provide to the construction industry.
What Can ICE Handle?
No matter how complex or unique your shipment is, we can handle most freight to virtually anywhere in the world, thanks to our extensive global partner network. Below, a few examples of goods we’ve handled (but certainly not limited to):
- construction materials and supplies
- wind farm and solar equipment
- machinery for grouting, piling, drilling etc.
- construction equipment, fixings and tools
- material handling
- steel products, pressure vessels, pilings, pipes, etc
- carbon fiber composites and engineering tools
- emergency shelters, portable toilets
- equipment for piping, tanks & welding, coating
Construction & Infrastructure Freight: Frequently Asked Questions
What services can ICE provide?
At ICE we can provide an end to end solution for your cargo including:
- We co-ordinate delivery /pick up at your specified times. We can unpack cargo beforehand in a container yard and deliver to site on dedicated trailers, if needed.
- If your cargo needs to be delivered in a specific order (sequencing), we arrange this accordingly.
- We co-ordinate site inductions to meet any safety compliance obligations.
- We arrange special equipment such as cranes, jacking or skating services for your heavy / out of gauge cargo.
- We provide proactive communication and updates throughout your shipment.
- Our staff are easily accessible and you always have a dedicated consultant to talk to about your shipment.
Contact us at 1300 227 461 to be connected to one our of specialists now.
What kinds of cargo does ICE handle?
We have worked with hundreds of clients in the construction, infrastructure and building industries. We ship anything from (but not limited to):
- building materials
- architectural structures
- technical instruments
- machinery parts
- components for plants
- raw materials
Check some our past shipments here.
Can I avoid dumping duty for Aluminium?
Possibly! Dumping duty is a tax on ‘dumped’ imports that threaten Australian businesses. Australia has implemented a tough anti-dumping regime to ensure that foreign companies do not take advantage of the domestic marketplace.
Aluminium extrusions imported into Australia are subject to dumping duty and can attract up to 25% extra surcharge on arrival. However, this can be avoided altogether if you are importing Aluminium extrusions as part of a full structure, for example.
ICE’s highly experienced customs brokers can assess your shipment and advise if you are eligible for any tariff concessions or even an import duty refund.
Note: customs consultancy is a highly specialised area that requires in-depth knowledge and expertise. Our in-house brokers have over 150+ years of combined experience, giving you assurance of quality outcomes.
Recommended reading: What Is Anti-Dumping Duty?
What sets ICE apart from other forwarders?
Flexibility and customer service. Our experienced operators/consultants get to know your business so you receive a truly bespoke service when working with ICE.
As independent forwarders, we have the flexibility of choosing the best shipping option for your cargo through our vetted network of overseas agents. We build the operation around your requirements to the smallest detail.
We offer premium service and flexibility, combined. Connect to our specialists now by requesting a quote.
We Consult. We Plan. We Deliver.
- CONSULT – We discuss your specific needs.
- PLAN – We develop a bespoke tailored plan that is cost-effective & efficient.
- DELIVER – We manage your shipment and keep you updated from beginning to end.