Western Australia Office
FREIGHT SPECIALISTS IN perth
Perth Freight Forwarding
More than a freight forwarder. Consider ICE your logistics partner. We help you plan your logistics process end-to-end, actively looking for opportunities to minimise costs and save time. We understand your timelines, budget and specific requirements before recommending the most cost-effective shipping solution available via air, sea or land.
- FCL, LCL, and Break-Bulk Cargo shipping
- Dangerous Goods or hazardous cargo
- Pick up, packing and consolidation services
- Short and long-term warehousing
- Road and rail transport: interstate or rural
- Airfreight with same day delivery
- Coastal shipping from Fremantle to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne
- Combination shipping (part air, part sea freight)
- Marine and air cargo insurance
planning your shipment
International Shipping Considerations
A few things to consider before engaging a freight forwarder in Perth:
- Is moving your goods for the lowest cost possible a priority? You may consider a transshipment service if your business allows longer transit times.
- Is air freight out of budget but you need your goods as quickly as possible? You may consider an express or direct shipment. In the event of shipping peak season or port congestion, for an additional fee, we may be able to flag your shipment as urgent and avoid it being rolled over onto the next vessel. We can also liaise with the shipping lines directly to ask for priority in container availability. While there is no guarantee that your goods will be made available earlier, ICE go above and beyond in leveraging our long lasting relationships with carriers and overseas shipping agents to secure space.
- Is the integrity of your cargo a priority? Are you shipping high-value goods? We offer a range of cargo insurance options so your goods are covered during every step of the journey (including for damage, theft and loss). Consider whether your cargo is high in value, how easy is to acquire new/replacement stock and import costs. Our team can help you in the decision making process by breaking down the risk-reward for your type of cargo.
- Do you need extra time to pack or unpack the container? We can request to the shipping lines extra free time at no additional cost (please note this must be done before the vessel departs).
- Is your packing compliant and safe? Is it wrapped and labeled correctly? Are all wooden pallets compliant with ISPM15? Is the weigh distributed evenly in the container? Have you used straps or dunnage to secure the cargo in its place? Is your container overweight? Have you declared the verified gross mass (VGM) accurately to prevent extra charges? Is the container clean and free from contamination? If your goods arrive to the port with poor packing, the carrier might refuse to load it onto their vessel. And if your goods get damaged at any point, your insurance may refuse to cover it if packing wasn’t done correctly. ICE can arrange packing on your behalf at an approved facility so your goods are export-ready. We also can arrange appropriate packaging at origin for your imports through our reliable overseas agents. Alternatively, we can go to your premises to provide a packing consultation to show how to pack your goods correctly and safely.
- Is your cargo under customs control? If your goods have arrived but haven’t been cleared by customs yet, we can arrange bonded transport and storage at an approved facility to avoid high storage charges at the wharf.
- Do you have any special transport requirements? Window receival times? Unload equipment hire, such as franna crane, tail lift or sideloader? Pilot escorts? Driver’s induction? Priority or overnight delivery? Dangerous Goods or over-dimensional heavy cargo? A Perth freight forwarder has the expertise to recommend which route, transport mode and equipment is is the most cost-effective to move and unload your goods. We may suggest a combination of rail and road transport, for example, based on the cargo and destination address.
people you can trust
Meet Our Perth Team
Did you know that over 100% of our Perth office have been working in the industry for 15+ years? Benefit from a wealth of knowledge and experience when working with ICE.
When dealing with our Perth team, you can expect fast and easy communication with your forwarder, resolving any queries or issues in a single call. At ICE, you are never placed in a customer service queue. Our dedicated team is proactive in updating you about your shipment and maintaining exceptional levels of communication from the moment you engage with ICE, until your shipment gets to your door.
We welcome you to experience the ICE difference: efficient, personable and second to none customer service.
Meet the wider team to learn more about ICE or get in touch today!
Shipping to and from Perth
What are the transit times for direct sea freight services ex Perth?
Transit times to the main destinations of export from Melbourne are:
New Zealand: 20 days, every 2-4 weeks
Singapore: 13 days, departing every 1-2 days
Hong Kong: 18 days, departing every 1-2 weeks
Japan: 27 days, departing every 1-2 weeks
China: 19 days, departing every 1-2 weeks
Europe: 38 days, departing 1-2 times a week
How long does airfreight from Perth take?
Departing from Melbourne, transit times to the main airports are:
New Zealand: 1.5 days, departing 2-4 times a day
Singapore: 1 day, departing every few hours
Hong Kong: 1 day, departing 1-2 times a day
Japan: 1 day, departing 2-4 times a day
China: 1.5 days, departing 2-4 times a week
Europe: 2 days, departing every 1-2 days
How much a freight forwarder in Perth cost?
Freight forwarders charge based on factors such as shipment size and weight, the origin and destination of the cargo, the chosen mode of transportation (e.g., road, air, or sea), and any specialized services required, such as handling hazardous materials, oversized cargo or temperature-controlled shipments. Costs will also depend on market conditions (on or off peak season), the volume and frequency of shipments, and if you require additional services like customs clearance and warehousing. So there is no “one cost” for a freight forwarder. Every quote is customised and you’ll be charged fees on top of each service your freight forwarder provides to move your cargo along your supply chain.
What sets ICE apart from other freight companies in Perth?
Flexibility and customer service. Our experienced operators/consultants get to know your business so you receive a truly bespoke service when working with ICE.
As independent forwarders, we have the flexibility of choosing the best shipping option for your cargo through our vetted network of overseas agents. We build the operation around your requirements to the smallest detail.
We offer outstanding customer service and flexibility, combined.
What is Westport and how it will impact freight in WA?
Westport is the new project from the State Government’s to build a state-of-the-art $4 billion container in Kwinana with integrated road and rail transport networks. Planned since the 1950’s, this Outer Harbour port will be at the centre of Perth’s freight network.
While Fremantle’s Inner Harbour will continue to play a key role in trade for WA, a new container port will increase freight capacity and improve congestion, catalyse of development of industrial land and also provide an opportunity to establish a modern freight network that can adapt to future growth and technologies over time.
The long-term project is still in its planning phase and does not have a completion date.
What goods do you NOT handle?
Please note that we work with registered businesses to move B2B commercial products only.
We don’t provide marine insurance alone, only on freight that we arrange and we cannot handle the following items:
- Personal effects
- Live exports (animals)
- Fresh produce (fruits, vegetables)
- Cold cargo (dairy, meats, refrigerated foods in general)
Without exception and on time
“Since having International Cargo Express handle my ocean freight, I have had my bookings and equipment available without exception and on time. Communication between ICE and my supplier is very good and I receive information via my shipper before my supplier.”
Managed goods end to end
“Due to critical stock levels we needed a fast solution to urgently meet growing client demand. Presented with this challenge, ICE quickly identified appropriate freighter services and proactively managed the movement of goods end to end.”
ICE offered flexibility
“ICE offered flexibility, high levels of communication and attention to detail during our pick, pack and delivery project. With their professional support we were able to meet the demands of our supply chain knowing our freight was in safe hands.”