Air Chartering 500,000+kgs of Australia’s Favourite Dog Food in Record Time
- Chartered 5 separate Boeing 777s.
- 500,000kgs of cargo.
- 1500 pallets from France to Australia and New Zealand.
At ICE we are not often asked to charter five separate Boeing 777s, each carrying 100,000kgs of cargo, and fly 1500 pallets from France to Australia and New Zealand.
But that is exactly what we did for Royal Canin who were facing stock shortages and a strain on orders. ICE took total charge and control of the job – from planning, to implementation, to delivery.
The stock was collected from a warehouse 2.5 hours north-east of Paris; ULD’s were built at Charles De Gaulle Airport and were repacked at short notice against strict timelines. The documentation was extensive. ICE worked closely with both French and Australian authorities to ensure all permits for customs and quarantine were correct; as well as ensuring all declarations and invoices were compliant.
Our experienced project team worked against the clock to organise the successful transportation and delivery of the stock, averaging a 36-hour window per freighter:
- Transportation of 50 trailers 150km through France
- Negotiated dedicated storage at Charles de Gaulle Airport and rotated stock in line with nominated flight schedules
- Liaised with airline and manufacturer to establish optimum pallet height, ensuring freighter space was optimised
- Maximised unloading operations at arrival airports to meet client delivery requirements during peak season
- Proactive communication with the client throughout the project
Equipment used throughout the project included:
- Boeing 777 Freighters
- Ground support equipment
- Roller bed trucks
- B-Doubles – Mezzanine decks
- Semi-Trailers – Mezzanine decks
- 3,4 & 10 tonne forklifts
“This project was particularly challenging due to the short timescales and strict documentation requirements from the French and Australian authorities. Working through the night we gained a clear customs status enabling us to move the goods from the airport terminal and allowing for prompt delivery to the client.” – Stephen Roberson – Customs Manager
This is a fantastic example of how ICE delivers complex, large-scale projects for our clients. We liaise with multiple parties to ensure our clients receive seamless and pain-free logistics. Regardless of size, shape, volume, destination and entity – we consult, we plan, we deliver.
“Due to critical stock levels, we needed a fast solution to urgently meet growing client demand. Presented with this challenge, ICE quickly identified appropriate freighter services and proactively managed the movement of goods end to end.”