Why ICE’s Tagline is Consult, Plan, Deliver? Unveiling Our Premium Customer Service Approach
July 4, 2023 ICE Stories
As the world becomes increasingly interconnected, freight forwarding plays a crucial role in ensuring the smooth movement of goods across borders. At International Cargo Express (ICE), we understand the intricacies of international shipping and provide comprehensive freight forwarding services that adhere to the three pillars of success: Consult, Plan, Deliver
“If you think consulting with an expert is expensive, try hiring an amateur”.
Consulting forms the foundation of effective freight forwarding management. A team of experienced logistics and customs professionals is key for businesses of all sizes. They act as trusted commercial advisors, guiding clients through the complexities of international trade regulations, customs procedures and documentation requirements.
At ICE, we consider two critical steps to a high-quality expert consultation:
- Investigation – The first step in a freight forwarder’s consultation is to investigate what a client needs – i.e. discover the current state of their business, their goals in logistics and what kind of company they aspire to become. This is often overlooked by a large number of experts, who have a tendency to apply a ‘cookie cutter’ approach to their clients. We actively listen to our clients’ concerns to truly understand their operations.
- Preliminary analysis – We evaluate the data our clients have given and consider how we can help them clients achieve their goals.
“Fail to plan, plan to fail”.
Once the consultation phase is complete, the next pillar is planning. A well-executed logistics plan is vital to ensure the efficient and timely movement of goods from origin to destination.
Our team leverages its industry expertise and technological capabilities to develop comprehensive plans that encompass all aspects of transportation, including mode selection, route optimisation and warehousing.
We consider that there are three key steps to planning an effective strategy for our clients:
- Thorough analysis – The analysis is nolonger preliminary. Now that the freight forwarder has the information they need after consultation, they can evaluate their client’s supply chain, transportation network and existing logistics processes to identify potential areas for improvement.
- Strategy development – Based on the analysis, the best freight forwarders will proceed to develop tailored strategies that align with the client’s goals and constraints (for example, budgetary constraints). This involves determining the most suitable transportation methods, such as air, sea, rail or road, and identifying the optimal routing and consolidation opportunities.
- Working out monitoring – Part of the planning also involves working out how the strategy will be monitored once it is being executed. They’ll need to decide how to track shipments, address issues proactively and provide timely updates to their client.
The final pillar of successful freight forwarding management is delivery. At ICE, we understand that delivering goods on time and in optimal condition is crucial to our clients’ success.
Delivery differs from client to client, but they’ll generally involve:
- Co-ordination and logistics management – This is where the freight forwarder executes their bread and butter. Things like arranging transportation services, booking cargo space on vessels and coordinating with carriers and service providers. Handling all documentation (think bills of lading and packing declarations), ensuring compliance with regulations and overseeing the movement of goods to point A to point B.
- Ongoing problem solving – Shipments rarely go to the plan 100% of the time. A crucial step is therefore risk management and problem-solving throughout the execution process. We proactively identify potential risks or challenges that may arise during transportation, such as delays, disruptions or regulatory issues.
- Constant communication and excellent customer service – This is where we set ourselves apart from other forwarders. At ICE, communication is paramount. Our team proactively provides timely updates on the status of shipments, transit times and any significant events or changes that may impact the logistics operations. Our clients can rest assured that they will be kept informed in every step of their shipping journey.
Experience The Best Customer Service in Freight Forwarding
At ICE, we are committed to providing exceptional freight forwarding services based on the three pillars of Consult, Plan, and Deliver.
Our team of dedicated professionals have decades of experience and are ready to consult with you and develop completely tailored shipping solutions, specific to your business requirements.
Together, we can optimise your supply chain, streamline your operations and drive your business towards success in the domestic and global marketplace.
We are more than just a freight forwarder – we are your strategic logistics partner.
Get in touch with one of our offices across Australia to get started.
or call us on 1300 227 461
Recommended For You
We Consult. We Plan. We Deliver.
- CONSULT – We discuss your specific needs.
- PLAN – We develop a bespoke tailored plan that is cost-effective & efficient.
- DELIVER – We manage your shipment and keep you updated from beginning to end.